On a lovely hill, overlooking the valleys of the river Burano and the stream Screbbia, (…) lies the church of San Severo di Pigno, surrounded by oaks” This is the description that we find in a 1943 text related to this house with church attached, but the first written records of this building date back to 1253.
It is a special building, a historic building of about 520 sqm (gross) and 400sqm (clear) located in a place where you can breathe tranquility, with a story to tell long centuries, which must be deepened and appreciated and which is part of the intrinsic value of this object, a rare value to be found in other places.
The building was entirely made of local stone, maintaining the original materials, was renovated in 1992 and then always maintained. The rooms are divided into 2 parts, on one side the church that still retains some frescoes and frames and decorations of the high altar, completely renovated. On the opposite side there is the house; on the ground floor from the loggia there is access to living spaces, kitchen, bathroom and utility rooms (laundry and cellar). The rooms are characterized by wooden beams and joists and tiles, exposed stone walls. The internal staircase leads to the sleeping area of the first floor with 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The courtyard surrounding the building is characterized by fruit trees, oak trees and some olive trees, two small vineyards complete the rustic garden. The view sweeps over the surrounding hills as far as the eye can see up to the Apennines.
It testifies to the value of this property having taken part in some occasions at the opening days of the fund FAI (Italian Environment Fund).
The water is supplied by the public network and is collected in a tank to be distributed at home by means of an autoclave. There’s also a large underground cistern that collects rainwater for irrigation. The heating is LPG with radiators.
The windows are made of wood with double glazing, mosquito nets are present in all the windows of the first floor. The area of relevance is 6,600sqm. The church and the house are equipped with alarm system connected with the police.
The nearest village is less than 2 km as well as the junction to the freeway. Nearby we find Cagli pretty and vital town under the Apennines, also known for the picturesque rivers bathing, Acqualagna famous for truffles and the beautiful Urbino, UNESCO heritage. The sea of the Adriatic coast is about half an hour by car.
The property is for sale without furniture but you can agree on the purchase of some pieces.
- SERVICES DISTANCE
- 2 kms
- With LPG (radiators)
- SEA DISTANCE